Skip to main content

Sometimes, if yer lucky, your resume just writes itself......

"My Resume"
by Wendy N. Clark
fictional account of pragmatic humanist trying to revise a resume and getting angry....

"From now on we are all responsible. And accomplices."
Elsie Wiesel

Wendy N. Clark
wch@denied.hmpf


Objective:

My objective to obtain the position at the company for which I am sending you my resume. My intent is to give you – in objective terms (keywords) why I match your criteria and likely want to be an employee (i.e., contract, temp, permanent, temp-to-hire, freelance, etc.) for the position at your organization which I am sending you my resume as you requested.

As I have been researching in my four-ish month quest for a good job, the search starts here (unless you have already determined that I am not the one… based on our ratio of “k2k”© : keywords to keywords search mentality. It’s like a dating service DMBMS and a QTFU match? Any reason to read on? K2k is my latest soon to be famous acronym in yet another bad investment of time. My other objective is to be less unsubjective. Also, I would like to remember jokes and people’s names, in addition to having the most controversial super power of our time: The Ability to Stop Time. Time is subjective, though, so I simply would like to object to time (especially in the use of translating the subjunctive to high school students and many adults and the anti-subjunctive coalitions). Stop the tyranny! Come home or go home – Make good choices!

Profile:
Pragmatic optimistic English graduate, writer, musician, lyricist, guitarist, recovering high school teacher; learner and teacher, writer and editor, creator and enthusiast. Self-taught. Self-described. Smart. Damn smart. …Bored, damn it…. I seek a job with people who learn and teach and get ‘er done. Denver-area. Please: no hard drugs, addicts, or bigots. No BS. Must only have a BA. Any further educational pursuits shall not be discussed with the employer or candidate until both feel secure in their relationship to speak freely.

Non-Skills!
(Non-skills will help you weed me out based on what you didn’t find your keyword search; these are skills that you didn’t find on my resume because they have been disqualified as something you should waste your or my time calling, writing, testing me, interviewing me; also non-skills are for you to reference pending my rejection, ie, let’s play this game or forget it – just because I have a list of skills and some shiny keywords doesn’t mean you need to bother with them if I don’t have a few that are required. I believe that if they are not in the skills section of one’s resume, don’t assume to resume your pursuit of the non-skilled person you are about to call.)

My list of skills and non-skills is organic. I learn and unlearn and relearn just like you…. All the time…..

“Objective -- something that one's efforts are intended to attain or accomplish; a goal, target, or purpose; a formal, written statement of what a learner will be able to do as a result of instruction; a set of objectives constitutes the "blueprint" for instructional design.” John W. Eshleman, Ed.D. Direct URL:<>

Lack skills in writing resumes successfully, cover letters lack overall representation of my intentions, perception of my interviewing skills are lacking in proficiency – for example, when I am asked a loaded question which will ultimately determine my fate usually I have a 50/50 chance but always get it wrong.

Computer Buzz Language - Acronym Overload Linguistical Assembly Language (AOLaL) - institutional discourse or the degeneration of consistent implementation and communication through meta-power consumer-cultured management systems which ignore traditional, concise, meaningful expression (to communicate through words – oral and written to understand another person’s idea), ASP+, SQL, .NET (though it may not actually exist….), Solitiare, Pinball, and I boycott all use of MS Works except for the .dlls.
Single-tasking, Telemarketing, Sales, 10-key, Call Center – but I haven’t investigated that completely – and accounting.

Total lack of sense of direction - by genetic default. Reaching items on top shelves. Remaining calm around spiders and bumblebees.

Skills:
Everything else I listed on my other resume(s).

Education (*note – changes made recently)
08/1991 - 12/1994 The Florida State University
Bachelor's Degree – English Literature and Creative Writing, Minor: Psychology

08/2005 – Yesterday. Not helping me get a gig.
Was pursuing a Master’s in __________________. But now have no interest in ________________. Really. I am serious…..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing Exercise #117

Mas o Menos by w. clark I had made an important decision that drizzly December lunch our, a choice that might have been a major turning point, or one that made me realize I couldn’t trust myself, control molecular mutations that were implanted in my DNA, but were fertilized by the irony of life and made me older, smarter, and a riddle unto my own psyche. I left the office promptly at 11:45 am and it took the usual 3 minutes to get from my desk to the elevator to the front door and down the dozen stairs to the front green and I swiftly broke right up Maroon Hill two blocks west, slushing hurriedly up to the garden gates, and then made haste past the goat petting zoo. Temporary images whirled past me as I lost more seconds of my hour and tore down to the Landing, the hillside slanted toward sea level and my spine started to burn as my speed increased, the spring humidity filling my lungs with heavy water and my terror elevated to a state of shocking horror for that which broke so many

Just like today.

Saturday, July 22, 2006 Knowledge is Power by Wendy Clark ©2006 For this discussion, kids, please take notes. Yes, in your notebook. Preferably in your English notebook. No, not your journal. No Billy, not your hey! I am speaking! Okay. Listen up, guys. Guys! Okay. Okay! Take out your journal and write the - - what? Please, dont speak when I am speaking! I do not have a .7 lead, sorry. No, you cant go to the restroom right now the pencil sharpener is next to my computer. No, Susie, not true. I dont know why we have an assembly. All right. So take your journals out and open them. Shhhsorry guys, I mean your NOTEBOOKS yes, I mean no, I am going to explain that in just a sec Kelly! Where are you going? Okay. Let me take attendance. Oh, go see if they have a band-aid in the front office well um are you kidding? Sorry. The front office is located at the front of the school yes.those doors that go to the outside of the school.okay, but only one of you may go, no. No more chocolate. No, but w
https://linktr.ee/wendyclark https://www.instagram.com/wendyclarkband